Careers at Blue Sage
DevOps Cloud Engineer
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ or Remote
PLEASE NOTE: Blue Sage is Currently hiring USA-based employees ONLY. No 3rd party or agency submissions can be accepted.
Blue Sage values commitment, the process of developing an employee’s skill set and growing their career. Therefore, this is a full-time, permanent role.
Blue Sage is a premier development company that:
- Pays 100% of the cost of medical benefits for the employee, spouse, and dependents
- Excellent work-life balance (This is a remote role, after all)
- A corporate-wide mentoring and training environment
- Planned expansion and growth leave leadership and advancement opportunities wide open
- Has a well-performing 401K with a company match
- Company-paid life insurance program
- Long and Short-term disabilities are all paid for by the company
At Blue Sage, customer experience is at the forefront of everything we do. To help us build functional systems that improve the customer experience, we are now looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer. They will be responsible for deploying product updates into our clients’ Lower and Production environments hosted in AWS, developing Infrastructure As Code (IAC), identifying production issues, and implementing integrations that meet our customers’ needs.
Objectives of this Role
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Deploy updates and fixes to our Production Environments
- Perform periodically scheduled off-hour product releases several times per week
- Provide Level 2 technical support for production
- Building IAC (Terraform, Ansible, Packer) Modules with our DevOps teams
- Monitoring Production Environments
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop automation scripts
Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Good knowledge of a programming language such as Python
- Experience with various AWS Services
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Problem-solving attitude and collaborative team spirit
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or relevant experience
- Experience with software engineering and customer experience
- AWS Experience: (RDS, EC2, Lambda, Step Flows, API Gateway, SES, Security Hub, Guard Duty, ELB, etc.
- Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Puppet or Chef
- New Relic One, Splunk, SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer
Interested? Please complete the Career Inquiry Form.
Blue Sage maintains and ensures that all employees are part of a work environment free from discrimination, and one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. Blue Sage Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at Blue Sage is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Blue Sage does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, national origin, ancestry, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other characteristics protected by law. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.